Posted on :
23 May, 2013
23 May, 2013
African Bagg Recruitment is a subsidiary of African Bagg group of companies, renowned for being the local partners for international companies. African Bagg Limited specialises in offering market entry support and Consultancy services to companies interested in investing in Ghana and the Sub region. We cater to multiple industries across Africa, such as the Energy, Oil & Gas, Telecommunication, Security, Water and many more.
African Bagg Recruitment provides recruitment services to international organisations setting up in Ghana within the Energy, Oil & Gas, Telecommunication, Media and Health industry.
Processing of invoices, credit notes, accruals etc through the Accounts Payable system.
Experienced Accounts Payable Clerk or Part Qualified accountant with 2-3 years experience.
Some experience computerised accounting systems would be an advantage.
Reports to: Finance Manager, Ghana and International Tax Manager
Supervises: Tax Team (including a tax accountant and assistant tax accountant)
To play a lead role in the management, co-ordination and integration of all tax related matters and activities within, and connected to, the Ghana Business Unit. The role will include ensuring that the Ghana Business Unit, including teams in both Ghana and London are tax compliant, that all tax related matters have been considered and the relevant advice provided, and the tax position is managed effectively and cost efficiently.
1. Lead, manage and develop the Ghana Tax Team
2. Act as the focal point for all Ghana tax matters
3. Support the Finance Manager and International Tax Manager, where appropriate, in their roles and responsibilities
4. Engage with the relevant Government bodies on tax policy and legislation
5. Liaise with the JV partners to agree the tax positions to be taken
by the JV partners
6. Manage any audits or assessments issued by the Ghana Revenue
Authority and the tax input required on statutory and cost recovery audits
7. Ensure business is updated on all proposed and enacted changes to tax policy or legislation and the implications these will have on the business
8. Develop and implement appropriate tax and accounting policies and procedures in support of the business
9. Ensure implementation of appropriate internal controls framework in support of the business and provide assurance on the proper operation of same.
10.Manage and oversee the tax compliance activities in respect of both corporate and operational taxes.
11.Work with other functions, including Commercial, Legal, Supply Chain and HR to build cross-functional working relationships and ensure all the appropriate tax matters have been considered and taken into account by these functions.
12. Provide tax support and advise on all Ghana operations including projects related to development and midstream activities.
13. Input as appropriate into the business reports and budgets 14.Ensure the Ghana Tax Team receive the appropriate training, development and on the job experience required to build an effective and efficient tax team.
A qualified accountant with at least 10 years of tax experience. Experience of the oil exploration and production industry is preferable.
Broad range of Oil and Gas technical finance and tax competences including strong Ghanaian and International Tax knowledge. Proven functional and general leadership ability. Ability to lead, build and develop a Tax Team.
The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential. Ability to build functioning working relationships across organisational, corporate, and cultural boundaries. Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty. Ability to discuss and reach tax effective agreement both internally and externally.
This description focuses on the broader Financial Support, Analytical as well as Administrative tasks that will be undertaken by the Trainee(s) with an immediate focus on Tax in the first 6 months as an example.
Provide general support to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of the various departments in Finance with a particular focus on the tax team in the first 6 months of the assignment. From time to time, account for core transactions by undertaking the following tasks in AP, Treasury and Management Reporting:
Trainee roles are relatively junior roles within the function, with high potential; they require highly committed, energetic individuals with good analytical capability, a problem solving attitude and a demonstrably high level of concentration as well as accuracy at detailed work combined with a willingness to learn. The desire to qualify within a specific time as fully rounded certified Finance professionals will be regarded as a distinct advantage.
EDUCATION: A newly qualified graduate either on national service or having recently completed a year’s service. Preference for graduates with a Business, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting qualification