Posted on :
8 May, 2014
8 May, 2014
The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) was established in 1991, with a mandate to build sustainable human and institutional capacity in support of Africa’s development.
The Foundation seeks to recruit a dynamicindividual to complement existing staff in its Regional Office for West and central Africa, based in Accra, Ghana,
The overall responsibility of an Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative and secretarial assistance to staff members of the department.
Duties and responsibilities among others include:
• Making travel arrangements for staff members of the department and consultants;
• Drafting standardized Notes Verbales and any other replies to incoming diplomatic notes from other Diplomatic Missions and the Ministry of Foreign Affairsas directed by the Regional Director; Providing assistance to the department by preparing briefings and documentation for meetings;
• Developing and maintaining the department’s database of projects and programmer
The successful candidate will be recruited on a one year appointment. The contractmay be renewed subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Qualification Required & Experience
Selection will be on a competitive basis and the following minimum qualifications, experience and competencies are required:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Modern Languages, or related field from a recognized university supplemented with aDiploma in Secretarial Studies;
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a secretary preferably in international organisations;
• Ability to write and speak fluently in English and French languages;
• Ability to work independently with little supervision with excellent interactive and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent computer knowledge (Ms applications)
How To Apply For The Job
Applications, quoting the reference ” Administrative Assistant,” including curriculum vitae with three (3) referees should be received at the address below by May 16, 2014.
The Human Resources Officer
Closing Date: 16 May, 2014
“Qualified females candidates are encouraged to apply”