Posted on :
14 Oct, 2019
14 Oct, 2019
The PSD Head will lead the development and implementation of an ACET PSD strategy and co-ordinate and manage a PSD team around these efforts. Further, the PSD Head will be responsible for the PSD programs partnership development and management. The PSD Head will work closely with stakeholders from across public and private sectors to develop consensus around the ACET program and its implementation and help create an environment of trust and collaboration with clients and key partners. In addition, the PSD Head will support ACET’s business development opportunities in the fields of PSD and will work closely with the ACET research and advisory team in producing research content and managing, assigning and coordinating activities of ACET’s project with Partners.
Job Title: Private Sector Development Head
Beyond the strategy, development and team management, of particular importance for the PSD team is the forthcoming project “Strategic Partnership for Private Sector Growth’ (SPPSG), which ACET will implement over the next 3 years. The project, supported by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) and the World Bank, aims to support private sector development and growth in the G20 Compact with Africa countries, starting with Ghana. The project is focused on the manufacturing sector, given the relevance of manufacturing to economic transformation and inclusive growth. However, viable strategic policy decisions and frameworks are needed to ensure that the sector grows and develops in a manner that creates new jobs and higher incomes; encourages skills development, export promotion, and diversification; and enhances productivity, competitiveness, and value addition.
To support this agenda, the ACET program will focus on three work streams:
• A program to promote the development of sustainable export processing zones (SPEZ) aligned with Ghana’s industrial policy.
• A program to support the integration of local content small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) into the global supply chain and value-chains of large enterprises.
• A program that supports the integration of local content SMEs into the promotion of SPEZ. The PSD Head will also support ACET’s work in relation to the Compact with Africa (CwA), by providing inputs and guidance on crowding-in private capital into public investments.
The PSD Head will report directly to the Senior Director, Research and Advisory Services.
In consultation with and as directed by the Senior Director, the PSD Head will;
1. Foster ACET’s private sector vision and strategy within ACET and amongst partners and stakeholders towards the attainment of PSD program objectives.
2. Develop and implement annual PSD work plans
3. Maintain open and fluid communication with the partners and the relevant public and private sector agencies.
4. Lead the PSD team’s work SPPSG and support CWA activities
5. Coordinate activities with governmental agencies supporting the private sector as well as private sector business interests, non-profit and educational institutions.
6. Maintain an up-to-date record of available resources, including in-kind resources for the various phases of the SPPSG project
7. Lead the PSD team’s business development efforts
8. Prepare status reports to ACET Management.
9. Work with ACET communications team in public outreach, press releases, public presentations of the work and website development and content
10. Oversee project-specific budgets
The above-stated tasks will be undertaken within the limitations of funds budgeted for this purpose.
The most important skills required by a Head of PSD are:
1. A minimum of Master’s degree in Social Sciences, particularly Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Business Development or Economics
2. A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Africa in the private sector, particularly in Agroindustry, Manufacturing, Services, Financial Services (banking, Fintech: etc.,), or Transaction and Management Consulting.
3. Strong digital literacy skills
4. Good knowledge of industrial policies, regulations and institutional and organizational arrangements.
5. Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Project management skills and knowledge of project management principles and best practices. 7. A minimum of 5 years of demonstrable experience of managing projects including line management of employees.
8. Ability to Influence and good negotiation skills.
9. Good understanding of the Ghanaian political economy and challenges confronting the private sector, particularly SME’s.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and have the requisite experience, knowledge and skills detailed above, please send us your CV with an accompanying cover letter telling us why you believe you are best suited for this position. Kindly address your application to the HR Manager at [email protected].