Posted on :
20 Mar, 2018
20 Mar, 2018
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and public engagement in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon and Tanzania. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a Pan African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
The highlight of AIMS education, a ten-month structured Master’s Programme in Mathematical Sciences, trains approximately 50 top African students at each campus every year, preparing them for leadership careers. Following the success of the AIMS centers, the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI, www.nexteinstein.org) is launching a Mathematics Teacher Training Program (TTP) in Cameroon, with the Master Card Foundation. The TTP’s objective is to reinforce the pedagogic capacities of math teachers in secondary and high schools, thereby enhancing the quality of secondary school math education in both the Francophone and Anglophone educational sub-systems in Cameroon.
Job Title: Finance Officer (Ghana)
• Reporting to the Finance & Administration Manager, the Finance Officer will support the Finance & Administration Manager in the effective and efficient financial management of the AIMS Ghana by performing all aspects of accounting and financial requirements in compliance with organizational financial policies, as well as statutory financial requirements.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: cash flow management and cash flow forecasting; drafting of monthly & annual financial reports, annual accounts & financial statements; and asset inventory reporting and management.
• You will embrace the challenge of supporting this inaugural initiative for the AIMS network, which has a significant opportunity to enhance the calibre of mathematics education within Africa.
Qualification Required & Experience
Do you have what we need
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance.
• Level 2 of Professional qualification preferably ICAG or ACCA
• Minimum of three (3) years’ related experience in accountancy and/or closely related jobs.
• Hands-on experience with regulatory requirements, with particular knowledge of non-profit nuances.
• Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications. Good knowledge of MS Excel, and experience with accounting software, such as ACCPAC, Sage ERP, etc.
• Bilingual (French and English) a plus.
• Must be self-directed and able to maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines while juggling multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize effectively, and to work under time constraints with discretion and mature judgment.
• Works well with others, with solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong commitment to the AIMS mission.
• Enthusiasm to work in a culturally diverse organization.
Location: Biriwa, Central Region
How to Apply
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation? Submit your letter of motivation (including salary expectations) and a detailed CV, together in one, English document, to: [email protected] (Please quote “Finance Officer – GHA” in the subject line) Closing Date: 06 April, 2018 • Deadline: Applications will be accepted until April 6, 2018. • Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within two weeks of the submission deadline, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion. • AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women are especially encouraged.