Posted on :
13 Jan, 2017
13 Jan, 2017
African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Company’s in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausdrill Limited, a publicly listed Australian Company (ASX: ASL).
Your partner in Africa
AMS offers contract surface mining and exploration drilling services to the mining industry throughout West Africa in Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso and Cote D’Ivoire through African Mining Services, and in East Africa in Tanzania and Zambia through Ausdrill International. AMS has provided mining services since 1996 and Ausdrill the parent company has established operations in Africa since 1991.
Job Title: Project Scheduler
• Develop, implement and maintain an integrated Master Schedule, Generate Project Schedules, Milestone charts and other project management functions used to support the success of this role under the guidance of the senior Project Scheduler
• Coordinate and support the Project Implementation Team in the planning, tracking, analysis, estimating and reporting of current and new projects/tasks
• Develop schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures and assist in ensuring they are followed on schedule
• Work in collaboration with Project/Programme Management team to drive consistency and accuracy of the project scheduling
• Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events
• Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling issues
• Facilitate and participate in weekly/monthly schedule reviews and report updates of contract status
• Provide exceptional client and customer support skill
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management and a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management
• Considerable experience in developing and maintaining detailed resource loaded project schedules
• Strong working experience in MS Project and MS Office applications
• High standard of communication skills with good grasp of English
• Ability to speak French fluently will be highly regarded
• Ability to handle multiple workloads with high standards and tight deadlines
• Ability to identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events
• Self-motivated with the ability to manage their own time to produce results
• Person must be conscious of their personal safety and that of their colleagues.
• Must have a valid Ghanaian driving Licence
How To Apply For The Job
Respond with your application and current Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] or
The Human Resources Manager
African Mining Services Ghana (AMSG)
Closing Date: 17 January, 2017
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED
Salary will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.