Posted on :
22 Nov, 2016
22 Nov, 2016
Agogo Presbyterian College of Education, formerly Agogo Women’s Training College, which is one of the oldest Teacher Training Colleges in Ghana, was established by the Basel Missionaries in 1931. residence of the missionaries At the 1928 Synod of the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast, the Basel Mission was requested to establish a girls’ school in Ashanti. The request was in direct response to the Divine Commission to the Church to which the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast belonged; go forth therefore and make all nations my disciples-and teach them; (Matt. 28: 19 – 20).
The Council of the Agogo Presbyterian College of Education announces for the academic community and the general public of vacancies available for the executive position for the college. Appointments shall be made by the college council upon the recommendations of a search committee and in accordance with the Harmonized Statutes for Colleges of Education and on such terms and conditions, as Council shall determine. The officer should be able to serve their FULL-TERM of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60)
Job Title: Vice Principal
• Shall be the assistant to the Principal who serves as the academic, administrative and executive head and disciplinary officer of the college.
General Requirement: The Candidate must;
• Be a distinguished scholar with a capacity to motivate and direct staff;
• Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills and be above reproach;
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
• Be able to attract grants and funds for research and development activities for the college.
• Have been in a management position for at least five (5) years;
Qualification Required & Experience
• Be of a professorial status or equivalent grade in an analogous institution. A relevant research master’s degree or PhD;
• Be of a rank Not below Senior Lecturer or deputy director in the GES or principal tutor in a college of education;
• Have post qualification teaching and research experience in a tertiary institution.
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for VICE PRINCIPAL, to reach the addresses below, not later than Tuesday, January 10,2017
THE SEARCH COMMITTEE
AGOGO PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
POST OFFICE BOX 26
A GOGO, ASANTE AKYEM NORTH
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 10 January, 2017