An agro-processing company is looking for a driven, full-time Procurement Associate to support the company’s growth. The position entails procuring and extracting various types of agricultural materials including agricultural waste materials for agro-processing use. In addition to agricultural material procurement, the position involves procuring: office supplies, processing equipment, and other items upon request. The job also involves loading and unloading materials, reporting activities, negotiating with vendors and transporting people. The candidate must know the Kumasi area extremely well, possess a valid Ghanaian class B and be: a safe driver, organized, a good time manager, driven, punctual, efficient, flexible, adaptable to the needs of a growing and dynamic organization, diligent, a good communicator, professional, a problem solver, a good negotiator and driven to excel.
Job Title: Procurement Associate
- Reports to the car pick up point at 730am to pick up the vehicle and returns the car there at the end of the day.
- Procures various types of agricultural wastes at the lowest possible cost.
- Schedules the extraction, pick-up and delivery of agricultural waste materials.
- Negotiates prices with vendors to get the sustainably lowest price for the company
- Loads, unloads and transports agricultural wastes for different stakeholders.
- Weighs materials daily and follows reporting procedures.
- Fills out a daily plan and work completed summary.
- Reviews procurement needs of company on a weekly basis, delivers items and reports to the appropriate staff members.
- Drops off executive team members to meetings when needed/possible.
- Fills out expense paperwork and drops off receipts to accounting department several times per week.
- Responsible for maintaining the company vehicle including daily interior cleaning, regular maintenance activities, and taking the car to the mechanic in case of needed repairs.
- Other tasks upon request – this is a growing company and these tasks can range significantly
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be: organized, flexible, punctual, reliable, efficient, diligent, driven to excel, a good time manager, a good negotiator, a good communicator and a problem solver.
- Must be comfortable and proficient in electronic means of communication (voice calls, email, SMS and WhatsApp)
- Must be comfortable with heavy oversight and reporting
- Must be comfortable working in a performance based environment
- Must be able to work independently with little direction and excel.
- Must have a valid Ghanaian driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have procurement or commercial driving experience.
- Must be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Must be able to lift up to 23kg independently
- Must know Kumasi and surrounding areas very well.
- Must be willing to get their hands dirty with agricultural materials.
- Must be fluent in spoken Twi and proficient in spoken and written English.
- Must be comfortable with change as the organization is in an early stage of growth.
- Experience in an agricultural setting is an asset.
- Experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs an asset.
- Experience in supervising workers an asset.
- Experience driving a pickup truck is an asset.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- Must provide three references upon request.
- The Procurement Associate must be available 7 days a week.
- Typical work hours are from 730am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Often, some waste materials are only available for pickup in the evening.
- Sometimes, waste material pickups will need to be made on Saturday and Sunday and dropped off.
- Hours of work often fluctuate depending on the needs of the organization; the Procurement Associate must be flexible in order for the company to meet its objectives.
- The car is parked at a central location and it must be picked up at 730am every day; the car must be dropped off at the same place at the end of the work day.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Successful candidate will be provided a monthly cell phone allowance.
- Procurement Associate has the ability to join company health insurance plan after the probation period has passed.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday, April 14, 2017 at 11:59pm GMT.
Only candidates that qualify for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.