The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for supporting the supply chain process, ensuring that all procurement are done on a timely basis and manage logistics at competitive prices.
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Reports to: Supply Chain and Logistics Manager
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all aspects of the logistics team including haulage, warehousing and procurement, are working together to fill orders and deliver materials on a timely basis.
- Review all logistics processes and systems and design and implement new plans and procedures as needed.
- Ensures appropriate logistics filing systems to include all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules; filing of all waybills, inspection reports, copies of invoices, delivery notes, to ensure accurate tracking and documentation for audit purposes.
- Provide logistical support for project activities such as event logistics and many others
Procurement and Supply Chain
- Monitoring stock levels and overseeing the movement of incoming and outgoing goods.
- Liaise with vendors and the finance unit to obtain/procure needed materials and commodities with particular attention to cost control and quality.
- Ensuring sound partnerships with suppliers and clients
- Reviewing the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective
- Assist with the preparation of supplier contracts and purchase orders and submit for approval
- Maintain files and records for all procurement processes, tenders, procurement evaluations, contracts, Purchase orders and all correspondences relating to the procurements
- Submit procurement documents, contract and LPOs for payment processing;
Required Competencies and Attributes
- Proven experience as logistics and procurement officer or any other relevant role
- In-depth understanding of supply chain management and procurement and logistics management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent use of Microsoft office
- Ability to negotiate and communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
Experience and Qualifications
- University Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement or any other related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Procurement and Logistics Officer
How To Apply
Suitable applicants should send CV’s to [email protected]