Posted on :
12 Oct, 2017
12 Oct, 2017
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical
sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency.
The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, governance and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager – AIMS Ghana
In this role, you will be responsible to oversee the effective and efficient financial, administrative and human resource management of the Centre. Your hands-on experience includes financial and cash flow management, budgeting and forecasting, day-to-day accounting, preparation of financial statements and asset management. Additionally, you are adept with all aspects of human resources management including recruitment, performance management, compensation and relevant regulatory requirements.
You will be relied on as a key source of guidance and counsel to ensure transparent and consistent practices are in place to facilitate the goals and objectives of AIMS-NEI while you advocate for and be a trusted confidant to staff, students and visiting lecturers alike.
This is a 2 year, full-time contract opportunity and will be based from Biriwa, Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
Do you have what we need?
• A university degree in finance, business administration with HR related discipline (fully qualified accountant with an international accounting body is an asset)
• At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience
• Strong English Language skills, a must; French Language skills, an asset
• Articulate communication skills, both verbal and written, to influence and facilitate
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office with particular strength using Excel; experience with accounting software such as Sage, SERENIC and ACCPAC etc. and internet applications such as Dropbox, Skype, Gmail, etc.
• Self-directed with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to build and manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors
• Working knowledge of international donor procedures and security management
• Knowledge and experience with regulatory requirements for institutional funders
• Flexible to adapt to an evolving environment
• Experience working with an international NGO, an asset
How to Apply
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation? • Submit your letter of motivation, together with a detailed CV in English to:
[email protected] (i.e. quote “Finance & Administration Manager GHA” in the subject line). • Applications will be
accepted until October 30, 2017 Closing Date: 30 October, 2017 Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion. AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer