Posted on :
27 Aug, 2013
27 Aug, 2013
Aero Surveys Limited (operating under the trade name “Starbow”), is the largest Ghanaian airline by passengers carried, and has been credited with changing the face of the aviation in Ghana by way of its fleet, schedule, reliability, adherence to safety and on-time performance. It currently operates domestically to three destinations from its base at Kotoka International Airport, namely Kumasi, Takoradi and Tamale.
Station Managers for Takoradi, Kumasi, Accra, and Tamale Starbow Outstations needed for recruitment.
This role is responsible for the planning, directing and coordination of airline station activities at transport stations to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel and ensures that these activities meet the policies and regulations of the Starbow as well as Ghana Civil Aviation Authority.
Essential Duties & Responsibility include:
• Directs the preparation of the lists of passenger or cargo, as well as plans, and evaluates staff to establish and conceptualize training to promote efficiency.
• Coordinates activities such as passenger reservations and ticketing, commissary services, ramp and cargo services, and dispatching of aircraft
• Reviews reports on the station activity to determine data needed for planning station operations;
• Directs the arrangement of work schedules for optimum employment of human resources and facilities.
• Manage all facets of airline station operations assure and promote staff development
• Maintain and foster positive business relationships with local airport authority and agencies as well as build and maintain positive business relationships with contract carriers
• Manage station staffing levels and budgeting
• Perform any other duties within the scope and the intent of the job as may required from time to time
• Candidate must have residence in any of the following cities: Takoradi, Kumasi, Tamale, and Accra
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree from a four year university is essential.
• Passes in relevant aviation Courses
5+ years of airline station manager experience is required.
• MS Office proficiency,
• Verbal/Nonverbal – Convey easily and quickly any message; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Maintain professional nonverbal communication analogous to situation
• Written – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret complex written information including research data & Analyst reports.
• Presentation – Presents clearly and informatively, Able to facilitate discussion, and manage target audience as needed.
• Supervisory skills and Team building skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills
Location: Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi and Tamale
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send your application letter and CV to:
Closing Date: 06 September, 2013