Our client, an international Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Public and Government Affairs Manager/Community Affairs Coordinator to be responsible for implementing policies and programs coordinating community affairs strategies and activities necessary to progress company projects/initiatives.
Job Title: Public and Government Affairs Manager
START DATE: May 1st 2018
DURATION: 2 Years
LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
- Coordinate execution plans for land management/compensation, leadership recognition, benefits management, industrial relations, social/community development and information management.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with regulatory bodies to ensure statutory compliance is maintained in functions performed.
- Works with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
- Establish public and government affair strategies, plans and budgets at the country level, including community engagement, government relations, media, communications, issues management and emergency response support.
- Identify and manage key issues that impact the companies reputation for operational excellence in Ghana.
- Develop and strengthen business clients’ external communication skills and capabilities, media engagement, presentation capabilities, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Sound business judgement and proactive communications upline.
- Ability to manage budgets and controls, rigorous with solid stewardship capability.
- Able to communicate fluently in English and additionally widely used languages in Ghana (both written and verbal).
- Understanding of economic/political/social issues in Africa.
- Flexibility and drive with an energetic and dynamic approach to problem solving.
- Capable of working with remote management across different cultures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.