We are looking for a dynamic and highly driven individual project with good experience in radio frequency optimization to join our Network Planning team as RF Optimization and Performance Specialist in the Technology Department. (S)He will report to the Head, RF Planning & Optimization and will optimize the radio network to ensure that the network quality and customer experience meet the Company’s KPIs, Regulatory KPIs, customer experience and revenue objectives.
Job Title: RF Optimisation And Performance Specialist
- Seek out new technologies and undertake optimization trials of new features & parameters and be responsible for best practice deployments;
- Monitor Cells, BSCs, RNC and Network level performance daily to ensure all radio KPIs meet set targets;
- Liaise with NOC engineers for timely resolution of 2G/3G degrading KPIs that impact on customer experience;
- Coordinate Quality of Service (QoS) Network benchmarking and cluster optimization activities, analyze drive test log files and recommend actions to resolve issues identified;
- Ensure optimization activities and programs are conducted ;
- Ensure all radio KPIs meet agreed thresholds with tracking worst cells and ensuring effective & timely resolution.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A University Degree in any field with emphasis on Computer Science, Electronic, Telecommunication Engineering or related disciplines;
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar role;
- Highly proficient in cellular network design & operational, telecoms principles, cellular wireless technologies, radio access network design theory.