The successful candidate for this role will join our Treasury team as Head, Treasury Operations in the Finance Department. (S)He will report to the Director, Treasury and will manage efficiently and effectively, the Company’s cash flow and cash functions, banking relationships, debt portfolio for optimal cost. The Head, Treasury Operations will also ensure full compliance, accurate and timely accounting and reporting as well as provide operational support in securing financing.
Job Title:Head, Treasury Operations
Cash flow and cash planning
- Manage the Company’s cash position per business, policy and control requirements and forecast cash flow;
- Manage and supervise all aspects of cash flow;
- Oversee petty cash management as per policy;
- Develop and implement tools to monitor variances;
- Report on cash flow and explain variances;
- Perform currency and closing cash balance checks;
- Provide explanation to variances in restricted and unrestricted balances;
- Report monthly Treasury;
- Own and monitor the cash book.
- Manage banks on daily working of facilities and other operational issues Lead projects to optimize cost including automation of Treasury processes;
- Manage counterparty limits;
- Forecast and monitor foreign exchange/currency exposures and recommend strategies for managing the risks within the financial risk policy;
- Source competitive foreign exchange and currency;
- Lead and co-ordinate the implementation of corrective action on Bank reconciliation;
- Support all bank negotiations on fee structures and other services;
- Provide support to maintain and rationalise the choice of key banks;
- Manage and provide variance explanations to Interest income.
Debt financing and monitoring
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely provision of all documentations to ensure the execution and disbursements of all facilities;
- Develop and implement tools to effectively manage the loan/facilities book for compliance, accurate computation and reporting;
- Manage and provide variance explanations to Interest expense.
- Develop tools, processes and projects to optimize all cost, including finance cost;
- Research and develop economic reports/bulletins on financial market and the entire macroeconomic environment, competitor insights and make recommendations to guide management decision making financing negotiations;
- Partner Business Controls to develop, improve and monitor all controls round cash management;
- Ensure the integrity of all treasury and cash management systems.
- Partner the Payables team to develop and effectively implement a best- in- class payment process with the business strategy at focus;
- Provide funds for payments and ensure timely approvals.
- Train Treasury officers to ensure a best in class Treasury function;
- Ensure Adherence to all internal control procedures related to Treasury operations;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Treasury director.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A University Degree in any field with emphasis on Accounting, Finance or Economics. Possession of an MBA in Finance will be an added advantage;
- Professional certification in ACCA, CIMA and ACCE;
- A minimum of Five (5) years’ relevant working experience in in corporate treasury functions preferably with multinationals company exposure;
- Relevant Audit processing knowledge
- Good Company and Industry Knowledge
- Strong fundamental understanding of financial concepts
- Good understanding of the macroeconomic and financial markets.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; simplicity, integrity, passion, Transparency. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date for Application: 24th September, 2018
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.