The successful candidate for this role will join our IT Services team as Convergent Billing System (CBS) Engineer in the Technology Department. (S)He will report to the CBS & VAS Manager and will operate the (CBP, SCP, BMP, AR/DC, Billing/Invoicing, UVC, EVC, USAU, URP) platform securing 99.9999% availability and also perform support activities (routine maintenance, level 2 maintenance). The CBS Engineer will implement all network changes initiated by the Planning function issued through Work Orders and also perform acceptance tests and integration activities in case of new node/feature.
Job Title: Convergent Billing System (CBS) Engineer
- Manage deployment of new product/Upgrade/service or enhancement;
- Implement corrective action from utilization reports;
- Ensure new services are tested and validated internally before starting UAT;
- Ensure all services are reviewed and assessed before deployment on the system
- Responsible for the general running of assigned sites ensuring that Company Security, Health and Safety and Fire regulations are adhered to;
- Conduct fault analysis, isolation and repair of IN equipment to module level;
- Liaise with internal and external customers during service testing and fault clearance;
- Perform 2nd Line & routine maintenance of site equipment taking remedial action where necessary;
- Ensure the Installation and verification of software and minor hardware upgrades;
- Provide support during regional acceptance testing of network expansions and enhancements;
- Supervise IN Engineers working within the OMC System Engineer Group;
- Ensure all assigned test equipment are serviceable and, where necessary, calibrated in accordance with regional calibration scheme;
- Maintain accurate documentation for, system parameters, engineering guidelines, Hardware and Software levels, Spares, link utilizations, Case in Questions, connectivity diagrams;
- Maintain consistent node configurations for the entire network;
- Liaise with Product Development Team to ensure their initiatives and requirements meets the company’s business objectives and goals;
- Work with IT to define new interface specification;
- Liaise with the vendors for deployment of new and sustaining patch releases.
- Serve as the point of contact for internal customers (Billing, provisioning. operations, regions, market etc.);
- Participate in the planning and forecasting of nodes in conjunction with the Network Control Point work stream;
- Handle O&M activities of the CBS, UVC, EVC, USAU, URP platform;
- Ensure the installation and commissioning of new nodes and their integration within the network;
- Manage Trial testing and implement new node traffic distribution.
- Implement all work orders received from the NOC (network changes implementation) and Commercial teams, including data fills, routing changes, signaling network changes, implementations, and tariff changes as assigned.
- Perform all routine activities on the system according to vendor’s specifications and company requirements (incl. SOX), Generation and automation of CBS, UVC, EVC, USAU, URP O&M reports;
- Carry out routine and corrective maintenance procedures on the system to ensure the services delivered are in line with the QoS objective and customer services objectives of the company.
Level 2 support
- Perform detailed investigation and analysis of all escalated trouble tickets that cannot be resolved by the level 1 maintenance;
- Maintain an updated fault inventory with the technical assistance center of suppliers regularly and ensure problems registered with vendors are permanently resolved on time.
CBS platforms or feature acceptance
- Perform integration tests for any new node or new application in production according to the company’s specifications.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A University Degree in any field with emphasis on Computer Science and related disciplines;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in similar role;
- Knowledge in Microsoft Visual Studio .Net C# (Web Services, DLL Integration, Console Applications, ASP.net, Flat file processing;
- Ability to work with JAVA, PHP and any other main stream software development tools;
- Good background in GSM network particularly core network and signaling knowledge;
- Intermediate level competence in UNIX platforms and Database Administration and basic level IT;
- Basic Knowledge is shell scripting and basic programming.
How to Apply
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; simplicity, integrity, passion, Transparency. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.
What to do
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date for Application: 18th October, 2018
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.