The successful candidate for this role will join our Legal and Regulatory Affairs team as Regulatory Affairs Manager in the Legal & External Affairs Department. (S)He will report to the Director, Legal & Regulatory Affairs and will have an oversight responsibility of the regulatory compliance programme of the business. (S)He will review, analyse and collaborate on implementation of new regulatory requirements or policies: The Regulatory Affairs Manager will support efforts to ensure compliance with the laws, regulations and policies that govern the company’s business.
Job Title: Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Supports Regulatory Affairs department with regulatory analysis, including the review, summarization and dissemination of key regulatory updates and changes;
- Conducts independent research on assigned projects, collaborates and coordinates with other departments on information needs to ensure regulatory process improvement.
Regulatory Stakeholder Management; Permits & Licenses
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with all levels of management as well as regulators and other relevant external parties;
- Communicates directly with regulators to resolve any complaints;
- Drafts responses to queries by regulatory agencies;
- Supports and/or represents Airteltigo at meetings, hearings or other administrative law activities;
- Represents the Company at district, regional and local government meetings, workgroups and seminars organized by regulatory agencies;
- Coordinates site and other visits by regulatory agencies. This function involves developing work plans, collecting deliverables, mock interviews (where applicable), and site visit facilitation.
- Facilitates and coordinates the permitting and approval process with user departments for all business permits and ancillary licenses or authorizations.
Regulatory Communication and Documentation
- Supports the design and implementation of databases to ensure key departmental processes are documented and tracked.
- Supports the management of the regulatory communications process;
- Ensure all regulatory communications/updates are received, summarized, catalogued and disseminated to the appropriate business units;
- Collaborates with appropriate department leaders to implement new regulatory directives and policies;
- Maintains current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
Regulatory Reports & Submissions
- Coordinate efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory reports, documents or submissions;
- Partner with compliance department to monitor and track all issues up to and including resolution;
- Recommend changes to company procedures in response to changes in regulations or standards;
- Review products, promotional materials, campaigns etc. for compliance with applicable regulations and policies;
- Acts as the SPOC for the unit and participates in internal or external audits
Required Qualification and Experience
- A University Degree in any field with emphasis on Social Sciences, Economics or Political Science;
- An LLB/ degree in law will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of four (4) years’ relevant working experience in a regulatory affairs/ compliance environment or related experience is preferred;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with business heads and department leaders;
- High personal standards and goal oriented.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; simplicity, integrity, passion, Transparency. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date for Application: 16th July, 2018