The Construction & Specialty Consulting (CSC) Environmental Manager will be based in Accra, and will be responsible for building both internal and external (client-facing) relationships to deliver the full suite of E&I consulting services across all four Amec Foster Wheeler markets (Oil & Gas, E&I, Mining, and Clean Energy).
The Environmental Manager role is a seller/doer position. The Environmental Manager is responsible for developing relationships with customers across West Africa to sell the full spectrum of E&I services as part of the Identify and Acquire stages of the Amec Foster Wheeler Operating Model. In addition, the Environmental Manager will provide technical expertise in the Project Delivery stage, serving as Technical Lead and Project Manager/Project Director as applicable on environmental projects. The Environmental Manager will be responsible for management of CSC environmental staff in Ghana, and will collaborate to optimize use of environmental resources throughout CSC and AMEASE to identify, acquire, and deliver environmental services in Ghana and the West Africa region.
The position is based in Accra, and reports to Specialty Consulting Ghana Operations Manager.
Key Goals and Objectives for the Operations Manager:
WEST AFRICAN NATIONALS PREFERRED
- Coordination across legacy Foster Wheeler and legacy AMEC businesses to identify/acquire/deliver environmental work in the West Africa region accordance with the Amec Foster Wheeler Operating Model
- Ensure successful delivery of environmental projects from a technical quality perspective
- Identify, hire, and manage environmental professionals to deliver environmental projects in the region
- Maintain effective programs in areas of Quality Management, safety, sustainability, ethics, and security
- Lead Amec Foster Wheeler CSC tendering for environmental contracts in Ghana and West Africa, ensuring compliance with the Amec Foster Wheeler Operating Model
- Maintain close relationships with all members of the Amec Foster Wheeler CSC management team and foster good relationships with all members of the AMEASE regional management team.
- Log, track, and update leads and opportunities in the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Report on actions, opportunities, and leads in weekly operations coordination calls/meetings.
- Monitor project scope, schedule, and cost performance, and coordiate all project-level reviews
- Minimum Master’s degree in environmental science or engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 10 years proven environmental experience, with an emphasis on environmental assessments, EIA / ESHIA, and consultancy services
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Oil & Gas and Mining sectors
- Experience living and working in West Africa, Ghana preferred
- Citizenship: West African national, Ghanaian preferred
- Language skills: English (required) and French (preferred)
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here