Posted on :
30 Oct, 2013
30 Oct, 2013
The U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana is seeking an individual for the position of an Administrative Management Assistant in the Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent serves as the senior locally employed staff ( LES) advisor to the Public Affairs Management Team, consisting of the Public Affairs Officer (PAO), Cultural Affairs Officer (CAO), Information Officer (I0), Regional Information Resource Officer, and Regional Educational Advisor (REAC) on post administrative and financial management. S/he is responsible for coordinating or completing administrative documents to operate one of sub-Saharan Africa’s largest cultural, educational and youth exchange programs. S/he collects data and prepares reports in coordination with the Embassy’s Financial Management Center (FMC); and in addition, coordinates all PAS administrative activity, with the exception of receiving and the full range of procurement.
Under the supervision of the PAO, the incumbent provides the operating data on financial and administrative feasibility of Public Diplomacy (PD) activities (including the IIP/IRO, ECA, PEPFAR PD, and ECA/Educational Advising activities), to support PD activities under the Mission Strategic Performance Plan. S/he analyzes business processes to administer grants, process advance and voucher payments to invitational travelers, PAS staff and sub-cashier collections as assigned, to streamline PAS activity and to ensure the timely administration of funds and purchases in support of PD press, exchange, education and program activities. In coordination with PD program assistants, s/he coordinates all logistical support for PD academic exchanges, grantee travel, program travel, U.S. expert travel, program implementation and program monitoring and evaluation.
NOTE: ALL U.S. AND NON-GHANAIAN CITIZENS, WHO ARE NOT FAMILY MEMBERS OF USG EMPLOYEES OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED TO POST AND UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION AUTHORITY, MUST ATTACH COPIES OF THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. NO RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE PROVIDED TO THE JOB LOCATION: ACCRA, GHANA. IF TRANSPORTATION TO ACCRA IS REQUIRED, IT WILL BE THE EMPLOYEE’S RESPONSIBILITY
Qualification Required & Experience
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of two years of college with a major of business administration or accounting related field is required.
2. Two years work experience in managing resources and programs and some experience with accounting programs required. Experience in supporting or administering USG-funded programs will is a plus.
3. One year post entry training on every aspect of Administrative Management (i.e. petty cash vouchers, ITO and other administrative paperwork) throughout a completer cycle of budget, exchanges, programs, training, travel and performance management cycle.
4. English level IV (fluent – written/spoken) is required. High degree of proficiency in both the written and spoken language, including the ability to translate. On occasion, the job holder may need to act as an interpreter. Must be able to present analysis and recommendation in clear written and oral formats. Language proficiency will be tested. Copied at: ghanacurrentjobs.com
5. Must have good working knowledge of bookkeeping, travel planning and accounting required. Experience supporting events management or education programs desired. Previous experience working with US government agencies is an advantage.
6. Must have proven ability to use financial and accounting software to document and support business, program or project activities. Be able to work well as a member of a diverse team in a high-pressure environment. Good working knowledge of the internet Explorer and Microsoft products such as Word and Excel as well as basic typing ability. Computer skills will be tested.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report
are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold FMA appointment are not eligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
POSITION NO: A70200
Salary: GH¢17, 869 p.a. (Position Grade: FSN-08)
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174): or
2. A combination of both: i.e. Section 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see section 3A below for more information): plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veteran preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
6. A telephone number, post office box and/or e-mail address where we can contact you to schedule an interview.
3A. If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE.
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number) Copied at: ghanacurrentjobs.com
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class / Type M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
1. All applications must have the Position Number and Position Title identified.
2. All “Hard Copy”/printed applications must be submitted to the Mail Room at the
Chancery. Hard Copy Applications submitted through any other office will not
be accepted. You may apply on-line using the [email protected] email
address. This is the preferred means of applying for a position with the
3. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE FOR AN OPEN/ADVERTIZED POSITION.APPLICATIONS PREVIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR A JOB WILL NOT BE HELD/CONSIDERED FOR FUTURE JOBS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, YOU MUST RE-APPLY.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office
Through the Mailroom, Chancery
American Embassy, Accra
P.O. Box GP194, Accra
POINT OF CONTACT:
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 11 November, 2013