Posted on :
4 Oct, 2016
4 Oct, 2016
Amnesty International (AI) is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognised human rights.
Amnesty International Ghana is one of the Section offices of AI around the world and it has been contributing to achieve global goals and objectives of AI by taking part in its worldwide campaigns and doing local human rights work.
Amnesty International Ghana is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual for the post of Director to lead and manage the next stage in its organisational life. The post will be based in Accra.
Job Title: Director
The primary focus of this role is (in collaboration with the national board) to ensure the effectiveness of Amnesty International in the country by:
• expanding the human rights work and impact, growth in membership and activism;
• enhancing the organisation’s public profile and advocacy strategies;
• building strong relations with the local human rights movement and civil society;
• undertaking external representation for the organisation;
• consolidating AI’s operations in the country and strengthening the fund – raising capacity of AI Ghana.
The role is on a fixed-term three year contract, which rs subject to renewal. A successful probation requirement of six months will apply.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary & Benefits for this position are attractive and negotiable. Induction to the post is in the country, as well as abroad. You will be part of a lively network of peers and colleagues from around the world.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Extensive experience of working in human rights field at a senior level, including senior level staff management as well as budget management experience.
• Understanding of national and sub-regional human rights and political dynamics and trends and ability to demonstrate innovative solutions to human rights challenges.
• A proven track record of personal leadership, influence and impact,working wich teams both locally and remotely.
• Ability to do external representation of the organisation to the media, high level government meetings and international meetings
• Ability and experience of developing high quality funding proposals and implementing projects having restricted funding
• Ability to closely work with the locally elected board, reporting to the chair of the board
• An advanced degree on human rights will be an advantage
The job will involve extensive in-country and a fair amount of international travel.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested candidates may download the detailed job responsibilities, person specification and the application form from our website at www.amnestyghana.org
Please complete the application form and return it together with your cover letter to:
Please note you must fill out the application form only. Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted!
Closing Date: 15 October, 2016
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.