AMSCO recruits across major industries and specialises in the sourcing and placement of middle to senior management professionals across core African industries. Our professional recruitment team has 50 years of combined experience in recruiting C-Level professionals and technical managers for African companies and we possess exceptional knowledge of sectors and markets across Africa.
When you share your CV with us and we mutually agree on your suitability for a specific role, we will go through an in depth screening process with you not only to best position you for a specific career opportunity, but to also add value to your own development in positioning yourself at a professional level. We also ensure that you are briefed in detail before entering into an interview and provided with feedback throughout the decision making process.
We want to forge a long term partnership with you, not only to help you in securing the best position to grow your career, but also to become your own trusted recruitment partner as you take on the responsibility for hiring resources.
We look forward to working with you!
Job Title: Operations Manager
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulate and deliver operations strategy in line with Ghana Life operating model
- Drive operational excellence in the Ghana Life value chain
- Drive towards lowest possible renewal cost per policy
- Continuously improve business processes and operational efficiencies
- Ensure overall efficient running of the Ghana Life administrative departments
- Critical analysis and interpretation of business requirements to optimize resources
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining service level agreements with suppliers
- Implement best practice principles in people management and development
- Manage maintenance costs
- Develop operational capability to handle different types of schemes and products
- Effectively implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage customer compliments and complaints
Qualifications and Competencies
- Hold a relevant University Degree or related qualification
- Professional qualification in ACII and or MBA will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in Insurance Industry
- Knowledge and experience in life insurance and distribution industry
- Understands and can apply underwriting standards and practices confidently.
- Good working knowledge of the Insurance Act and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) at executive level
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and the ability to unlock sales and production.
- Good knowledge of market and industry
- Analytical and Strategic thinking skills
- People leadership skills to engage with Board and team members
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Negotiating skills (internal & external)
- Self-management skills (can organise work, space, time)
- Process optimisation and operational improvement skills
- Business management capabilities
- Planning and organising skills
- Conflict resolution and relationship management skills
For more information please contact:
Kwame Afreh, Ghana