AMSCO recruits across major industries and specialises in the sourcing and placement of middle to senior management professionals across core African industries. Our professional recruitment team has 50 years of combined experience in recruiting C-Level professionals and technical managers for African companies and we possess exceptional knowledge of sectors and markets across Africa.
When you share your CV with us and we mutually agree on your suitability for a specific role, we will go through an in depth screening process with you not only to best position you for a specific career opportunity, but to also add value to your own development in positioning yourself at a professional level. We also ensure that you are briefed in detail before entering into an interview and provided with feedback throughout the decision making process.
We want to forge a long term partnership with you, not only to help you in securing the best position to grow your career, but also to become your own trusted recruitment partner as you take on the responsibility for hiring resources.
We look forward to working with you!
Our client is a new venture. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to effectively start a new venture in the Ghanaian Life Insurance sector. The business will receive technical support from the broader International team, however, the candidate must be confident in being able to start a new venture and build a successful and sustainable Life Insurance business.
Job Title: Managing Director
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and implementation of strategic plans approved by board.
- Lead, direct, and control the activities of the company so that it achieves its short and long-term financial and operating objectives including profitability, productivity and market share as set by the overall corporate business plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that the operations of the Company business comply with internal and external compliance standards.
- Implement optimized people practices in line with the organizational guidelines, policies, culture and values.
- Researches and analyses industry, market, and competitors to make informed strategic decisions.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the company’s staff (clients, staff, management, property, finances, goodwill, and image) and implement measures to control risks.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures to minimize business risk.
- Ensure delivery of customer value by pioneering customer service as one of the values of the company and develop systems and procedures to improve this area.
- Maintaining a dialogue with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the company and to identify and communicate changes in the environment served.
- Work with staff and the board to prepare a comprehensive budget.
- Building and maintaining an effective management team.
- Assuming full accountability for the board for all company operations.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Relevant university qualifications in an analytical field.
- The candidate must have an ACII qualification or related professional qualification. An MBA qualification will be as advantage
- More than 5 years’ experience at senior management level and at least 10 years’ life insurance experience is preferred.
- A track record within senior management in a corporate or consulting environment, with the majority in life insurance highly preferred.
- Leading edge knowledge of industry best practice in pricing, modelling, underwriting and long term trends.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed tough business targets on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communicator with a passion for customer service and relationship building.
- Customer and people centered individual with a heart for people and team work.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behave ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on client needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Think strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
For more information please contact:
Kwame Afreh, Ghana