AngloGold Ashanti (AGA), a leading global gold mining company, is seeking applicants for the position of Vice-President: Sustainability to manage sustainability planning, implementation and reporting across the entire project life cycle.
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the company’s sustainability strategy, including community development and environmental components, within one of AGA’s Continental Africa region business units
- This will include leading and supporting the business unit and mine-based sustainability teams, as well as sharing lessons learned and best practice with other units in delivering on our vision “to be the leading mine company through sustainability innovation, integration and excellence”.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent, in a sustainability-related field sch as environment, international development, social sciences or rural economics
- Fluency in (French or English) and ability to communicate verbally in the other language
- At least 10 years’ experience working on community development and/or environmental management in developing countries, including in Africa
- Significant field experience and demonstrated ability in strategic analysis, design, planning, management and evaluation of programmes/projects that apply integrated and participatory, cross-sectoral approaches
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply tools and systems for social or environmental analysis and programme/project management
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing local staff and building the capacity of staff and local partners
- Ability to build trust and effectively engage with local and national stakeholders, and develop strategic partnerships to leverage resources and co-ordinate activities with internal and external partners including governments, donors and the private sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated through project proposals, publications, reports or related materials
How To Apply
Interested applicants are requested to forward a comprehensive CV, including certified copies of qualifications and quoting reference 77790, for the attention of Adcorp Talent Resourcing, via e-mail at [email protected] or fax to: 00 27 866 100 300
Full full details about this senior role, please visit our website at: www.anglogoldashanti.com/careers
Closing: 31 Jul, 2011