AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: SENIOR GEOLOGIST – PRODUCTION
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Senior Geologist – Production is to provide confidence in the integrity of the geology business planning process by maintaining and confirming designed systems of work, measurement and controls across the Mine to Processing processes.
- Establish the necessary Production geology processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal grade control data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Production geology cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LOM business plans
- Deliver the work of the Production geology function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Production Geology department and with own team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience dominantly in gold Mine Geology
- In depth knowledge of ore loss and dilution controls as well as ore accounting methodologies
- In depth knowledge of reconciliation processes
- Supervisory experience
- Basic Understanding of Safety Leadership is required;
- Basic Application of Applied Geological Methods is required.
- Basic Application of Geological Theory is required.
- Advanced Application of Mine Geology Methods is required
- Basic Application of Exploration Methods is required.
- Basic Understanding – Application of Estimation Methods is required.
- Advanced Application of Operational Management is required.
- Basic Application of Business Planning is required.
- Advanced Application of Operational Excellence is required.
- Basic Application of Project Management is required.
- Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, developing others, communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Creating organizational transformation – displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives;
- Maximizing performance results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results,
- Displaying technical and professional expertise, innovating, taking initiative, championing change, establishing stretch goals
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH MARCH, 2019.