Posted on :
10 Oct, 2018
10 Oct, 2018
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Operational Readiness Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• The Operational Readiness Manager is accountable for developing the approach, systems and processes and coordinating the delivery of Operational Readiness across the Obuasi Processing and Engineering departments.
• The role provides a service to the Engineering and Processing Manager and is required to work collaterally with these department managers, seeking their input and supporting them in the coordination of the Operational Readiness program across their functions.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary qualifications in metallurgy or engineering
• At least 15 years successful performance in Senior Management roles
• Broad understanding of Business Improvement methodologies and routines
• Demonstrated ability for project delivery.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel from technical, to management to the Executive.
• Delegate tasks to those capable of completing them, or assign workers to oversee areas of a project.
• Evaluate progression and adherence to deadlines on a routine basis.
• Ability to re-prioritize planned activities and tasks.
• Problem solving skills –
• Ability to identify solutions to problems that others have not considered.
• Operational Readiness plan, with timeframes and resources
• Risk Assessment of Operational Readiness plan
• Sign-off by Engineering and Processing Managers of the developed Operational Readiness program and plans
Key interface management
• Lead the interface with Engineering and Processing managers in the development and delivery of the specific Operational Readiness elements
Operational Readiness Systems and Processes
• Operational Readiness Plan development, review and updating processes
• Progress to plan, variances and action to address variance process
• Organisation Design – this will be based on AGA’s “The Way We Work”, requisite principles, the management operating system and the business process designs.
• Design of the Processing and Engineering Management Operating System (MOS) – the way the organisation plans, forecasts, executes, monitors, and reviews and reports.
• Develop systems for the Processing department work, integrating processes managed at the superintendent level to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement
• Processes for selection, recruitment, onboarding and induction
• Business process definition – design and establishment of the key business processes.
• Leadership Development and Managerial Leadership Practices
• Accountability Frameworks – defines the KPIs, accountabilities and routines for each role.
• Active Supervision training and coaching, including the design and implementation of supervisory routines.
• Management Routines
Operational Readiness Delivery
• Delivery of the Operational Readiness plan for the Processing facility and Engineering.
• Execute the Operational Readiness activities for Processing and Engineering within the approved budget.
• Execute the Operational Readiness activities within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
Develop Wet commissioning plan for Phase 1 and 2 this includes:
• Metallurgical accounting and reporting
• Develop operating procedures and training manuals
• First fill reagents and consumables
• BIOX inoculum bacteria growth process planning and implementation
• Execute the Operational Readiness activities, Phase 1 and 2 operations for the Processing Plant within the approved budget
• Execute the Operational Readiness activities, Phase 1 and 2 operations of the project within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
• The Project Director will provide financial and decision-making authorities commensurate with the needs of the role, and AGA’s Delegation of Authority policy.
How to Apply
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV. To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 30th Of October 2018