Posted on :
10 Oct, 2018
10 Oct, 2018
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Snr Manager Earthworks and Civil
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• The Senior Manager Earthworks and Civil will manage and deliver all civil and earthworks requirements focusing on the design and construction of the tailings storage facilities and site water management systems for the Obuasi Redevelopment project.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary degree in civil engineering.
• Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience building and developing mineral processing plants
• Previous experience in the design and construction of tailings dams
• Strong civils, earthworks and construction competencies (estimating, scheduling, structural principles and practices, mechanical and electrical systems, construction contracting, materials, methods and equipment)
• Sound project management skills.
• Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery
• Demonstrated ability for project delivery.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel from technical, to management to the Executive.
• Delegate tasks to those capable of completing them, or assign workers to oversee areas of a project.
• Evaluate progression and adherence to deadlines on a routine basis.
• Ability to re-prioritize planned activities and tasks.
• Problem solving skills –
• Ability to identify solutions to problems that others have not considered.
• Execution of the Earthworks and Civil activities in accordance with the Project safety management plan and consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
• Ongoing review and updating of the Safety Management Plan according to the Project Implementation Phase changes.
• Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements under applicable law
Execution of the Earthworks and Civil activities in accordance with the conditions of State and Federal project approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Establish the AGAG Earthworks and Civil team, capable of supporting the role holder in executing the project.
• Using AGA’s System for People, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
• For those AGAG employees who will be part of the continuing operation prepare and execute training and development plans.
• Manage contractor and sub-contractors interfaces for different areas of the civil and earthworks scope of work.
• Execute Earthworks and Civil activities in compliance with the site Industrial Relations strategy for the project, so that the construction activities are executed in harmony and without disruption
• Define the detailed scope of work for the Project civil and earthworks.
• Support the Construction Manager to identify and award an EPCM contract for civil and earthworks.
• Detailed design of the civils and earthworks infrastructure.
• Detailed Project Execution Plan and schedule consistent with the Project scope of works and quality contained within the Feasibility Study objectives.
• Manage the EPCM contractor to deliver the contracted scope of works according to the Project budget and schedule.
• Delivery consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost and quality risks.
• Construct the civils and earthworks infrastructure consistent with the detailed Project Execution Plan and in accordance with the approved budget and timeframes
• Effective contractor and sub-contractor management to guarantee delivery of contract provisions
• Establish and operate all temporary facilities required to support the civils and earthworks construction activities of the project.
• Detailed testing plans and handover plans
• Preparation as required of manuals, records and drawings
• Execute the civils and earthworks activities of the project within the approved budget.
• Execute the civils and earthworks activities of the project within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
• Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks utilising the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
• Provision of timely information with respect to progress against plan (timeliness, cost and quality considerations), detailing variances with reasons for variances, activities planned to recover and actions required to prevent recurrence of notified variances
• The Project Director will provide financial and decision-making authorities commensurate with the needs of the role, and AGA’s Delegation of Authority policy.
How to Apply
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV. To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 30th Of October 2018