AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Security Systems Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To provide technical support to the Systems Administrator and ensure system availability (maintenance of existing systems /installation of new systems) and peak performance of security systems. This role will play a critical part in ensuring that the security management plan is successfully implemented for the redevelopment of the Obuasi mine.
- Ensure all equipment/material required to perform duties are in good working order
- Liaise with Systems Administrator on request and feedback on specific new installations, equipment, and materials
- Ensure availability for an after-hours call-out on equipment/ system failure or breakdown
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all password information changes.
- Document/Log into daily maintenance book every activity carried out and submit for signing by the Systems Administrator
- Conduct maintenance on CCTV equipment, intruder protection systems, realignment of beams; repairs to brackets, access control, mechanical and electrical operations of automated gates and lowering of high masts.
- Conduct basic maintenance on mechanical and electrical operations of turnstiles and access systems;
- Required to safely use power tools as per specified applications: angle grinder, drill machine, portable welder, etc.;
- Perform testing of Fibre networks, power reticulation, and CCTV reticulation;
- Conduct test and fix defective cameras, DSS units, network connectivity, power issues, metal detector/ triggers/ audio at all system locations (STP, KMS, GCS, etc.). Assist the Senior Technician remit during his absence (intruder alarm and access control).
- Collate and document records of alarm and other systems configurations for audit purposes.
- Visit the control room to ascertain any challenges every morning.
- Attend departmental Safety meetings in time report technical issues and new installations every Monday and Friday
- Report and log all required technical works digitally into the Global Security Management System (GSIMS) -Technical Request
- Attend scheduled Security meetings when required
- Promote AGAG organizational values e.g. responsible behavior, respect, honesty, and integrity
- Maintain a high level of mental and physical fitness required to perform the job i.e. legal aspect, procedures, and technological advancements and fitness
- Liaise on a daily basis with Systems Administrator on issues of importance.
- Identify and report all Safety and Health hazards.
- Adhere to all Safety and Health regulations within the workplace.
- Promote Safety and Health in the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma, Senior High School or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ Security Systems experience or other Technical exposure.
- Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage
- Completed Electrical Competency requirements;
- Basic knowledge of Electronics
- Must have knowledge of the laws of Ghana and legal codes
- Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.