AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Engineering Superintendent – Reliability.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Engineering Superintendent – Reliability is accountable for the development and implementation of QA/QC, condition monitoring and analysis, reliability of Surface and Underground Fixed Plant Infrastructure maintenance, including the Surface Processing Plant, Surface Mine Infrastructure, and Surface Support Infrastructure, Underground Mine Infrastructure, Hoists and Shaft Infrastructure and Heavy Mobile Equipment through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
- Provide technical input to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical services manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate safety behavior consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Execute the construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Issue environmental related instruction to any employees at the workplace.
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilize ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within the sphere of influence
- Support the Processing Department to maintain Cyanide Code certification.
- Establish the Chemical laboratory, reliability and legal compliance team required to support the role holder in executing the project.
- Liaise with the Manager Planning to develop maintenance planning and management outcomes that include QA/QC – analysis by the chemical lab, reliability and condition monitoring, legal and compliance.
- Manage refurbishment installation contractor and an AGAG maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within the area of accountability and in accordance with the compliance requirements and the contractual agreements and scope of supply of contractors.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability.
- Collaborate with Construction Manager on new builds safety, compliance, operability, standards, maintainability, and reliability.
- Provide major inputs to Operational Readiness for the Surface engineering/maintenance throughout the operation.
- Develop the Operational Readiness plan for the Engineering team including localization plan.
- Implement the approved organizational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Support the development and implementation of systems for the Engineering department to provide effective quality planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Operate the QA/QC of maintenance of the processing plant, surface, and underground mine infrastructure during the Phase1 & 2 Operations.
- Ensure the work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Assign tasks to subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan.
- Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc. across areas of control.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace
- Prepare the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy.
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised.
- Maintain legal compliance and QA/QC of the maintenance and operation of the Processing Plant and Surface and Underground mine infrastructure within the approved project schedule, achieving the monitoring of all critical intermediate milestones.
- Develop an asset management strategy for QA/QC in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance activities.
- Ensure all subordinates are competent in the utilization of the SAP asset maintenance management system for reliability and condition monitoring, QA/QC to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the procurement team to establish the inventory and spare parts for the processing plant and
- Inspect all refurbishment works to ensure works are delivered in accordance with applicable designs, specifications, and expectations.
- Oversee refurbishment witness inspections and testing regime to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Maintenance Engineering or equivalent.
- Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced QA/QC engineer with 10+ years’ experience in the reliability and condition monitoring of Surface Processing Plant, Surface and Underground Mine and Support Infrastructure maintenance
- Experience in management and QA/QC on contractor work
- Experience of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module and its role in reliability/condition monitoring/recording
- Knowledge of statistics in reliability analysis
- Knowledge in condition monitoring and related statistics
- Must possess Engineering Managers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong QC/QA competencies
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties. Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with a detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH JULY, 2019.