AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Maintenance Specialist – Surface Mine Infrastructure.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Specialist is accountable for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment are monitored and controlled to standard, through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on supporting and production plants/machines
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Control engineering downtime by ensuring routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance are in place.
- Ensure fabrication of equipment parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Conduct periodic audits of all Processing Plant and Surface Infrastructure maintenance, work
- Conduct reviews of the maintenance, of the Processing Plant and Surface Infrastructure to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the Engineering Manager to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine preventive and corrective maintenance, condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Actively participate in refurbishment/maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of mechanical equipment as per requirements.
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Mechanical Engineering III or equivalent
- An experienced mechanical / maintenance tradesman with over 20 years’ experience in maintenance for Mechanical Engineering III, over 15 years’ experience for diploma in Mechanical Engineering and over 10 years for first degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferably, plant maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Must possess Sectional Engineers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.