AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Electrical Superintendent – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Superintendent – Process Plant is accountable for the development and implementation of electrical aspects of Process Plant maintenance through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Review application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and infrastructure workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the surface infrastructure aspects of construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Ensure zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Investigate process interruptions using ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools
- Reduce energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Support the Process Department to maintain Cyanide Code certification.
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the electrical maintenance strategy
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Develop a skill matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements
- Ensure subordinates provide all input up-to-date for the skill matrix
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for key positions with the correct supportive development plan
- Deliver process plant requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which address the construction time, cost and quality risks.
- Provide internal processes that support management of the interface with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Monitor the development of maintenance planning and management outcomes in electrical operations in the process plant
- Proactively control the refurbishment process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Control electrical refurbishment priorities within a dynamic environment, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability
- Implement the approved organisational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Develop and implement systems for the Electrical department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Monitor and ensure the work carried out by the process plant electrical maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Coordinate the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Manage the department in line with operational budget
- Communicate to subordinates the relevant financial detail to each individual’s level ensuring their understanding and obligations to meet the budget goals
- Ensure the SAP asset maintenance management system is fully utilised in electrical activities.
- Report weekly, monthly and quarterly by producing accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule and quality for the refurbishment works.
- Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
- Review and provide feedback regarding contractor’s progress claims
- Inspect all refurbishment works to ensure works are delivered in accordance with applicable designs, specifications and expectations.
- Support refurbishment witness inspections and testing regime to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced electrical/ maintenance engineer with 7+ years’ experience in, preferably Metallurgical Processing Plant maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Proven Competency in the maintenance and project management of surface Process infrastructure
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Must possess Engineering Superintendent’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong electrical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers