AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: CONTROL ROOM ENGINEER.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to perform a range of tasks, monitor the processes through electronic representations shown on monitors. Make changes to variables and communicate with other departments to ensure processes keep running smoothly and according to established procedures. Take appropriate actions in case of irregularities or emergencies and actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness and ensure relevant Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations are in full force underground.
- Set up adequate priorities and restrictions according to mine plans agreed upon at the Operations-Planning meetings.
- Coordinate with field supervision, equipment physical allocation and opportunities for optimizing production.
- Promptly verify and correct system assignments applying manual changes when appropriate.
- Monitor key parameters to reduce idle time and increase productivity by identifying deviations and taking adequate and immediate corrective actions.
- Coordinate and ensure equipment arrive at the maintenance shop for corrective and preventative maintenance according to Maintenance Department plans.
- Coordinate Trucks fuelling efficiently and effectively to minimize the impact on the production rate.
- Coordinate breaks and personnel relief.
- Edit and create Road network in the Software
- Ensure that loaders have the right Configurations, in terms of blast location, material type and dump location.
- Ensure that Trucks have right assignment to dump/stockpile
- Report all dispatch problems to Control Superintendent
- Prepare Line-up for incoming Shift/Crew
- Regularly compare actual tons mined to planned tons and adjust accordingly.
- Send a detailed shift report to the Control Superintendent on Target/Forecast/Actuals
- Be available to work in the field periodically to enhance knowledge of the mining practices and to better understand and improve dispatch skills.
- Maintain good and effective relationship with Mine Supervisors and operators to ensure daily targets are met, and the daily mine plan is followed.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc / Diploma in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- Blasting Certificate of Competency or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ operational experience within an underground mining environment
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of fundamental mining sequence
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening.
- Proficient in the use of Mining Software.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Understand key elements constituting site safety system.
- Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioral based observations.
- Actively participate in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results.