AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Planner – SMI.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Senior Maintenance Planner – Surface Mine Infrastructure is accountable for the development and implementation of maintenance planning using the SAP modules designated through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Responsible for Safety, Environmental, and Social Responsibility policies for the section and accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every mine worker under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Ensure safe planning of surface mine Infrastructure engineering activities and compliance with classified plant and electrical safety obligations to meet safety targets.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a suitable safe work environment to motivate staff, employees and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating costs
- Support and make room for continuous improvement of safety performance.
- Support the Maintenance Planning Superintendent to plan for all surface mine infrastructure and equipment.
- Support and advise engineering team with accurate work plans.
- Monitor critical activities based on operational schedule and advise engineering team.
- Prepare and submit updated work program on weekly basis showing actual progress and identify areas of weakness.
- Monitor day to day work progress and prepare the weekly and monthly programs.
- Maintain and record update of site work progress obtained from Engineering Manager – SMI.
- Proactively manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Ensure spares inventory supports current and future planning requirements.
- Identify and implement opportunities to help prevent reoccurring failures that may adversely impact on production.
- Ensure asset purchases are effectively and efficiently done through structured system that is consistent with AGA policies.
- Provide input to due diligence for procuring goods and services to support maintenance plan.
- Adhere to procurement procedures and processes.
- Ensure cost codes are correctly allocated to all engineering activities.
- Assist in the development of quality and performance reporting metrics
- Responsible for surface mine infrastructure Maintenance Planning team in terms of work management, capability and capacity building to support operational activities.
- Ensure training, development and performance management of individuals in the surface mine infrastructure Maintenance Planning team are run effectively.
- Complete the skills matrix and maintain up-to-date
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action.
- Attend key planning meetings on a weekly basis and as required.
- Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed.
- Provide regular feedback to the Planning Superintendent and Engineering Manager in relation to work progress, and issues impacting on compliance and production.
- Participate in Surface Mine infrastructure cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting.
- Participate in internal and external construction audits as required.
- Contribute to the close out of outstanding corrective actions
- Participate in incident investigations and provide feedback regarding the agreed corrective actions.
- Produce Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports accurately and timely.
- Advise maintenance works progress and KPI status to the Planning Superintendent, particularly potential cost, schedule or quality variances.
- Identify and address engineering risks, by communicating potential issues to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Inspect maintenance works to validate progress and status.
- Proactively identify and manage change in assigned area of responsibility to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in a relevant (mechanical or electrical) engineering discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience as maintenance planner/senior planner in mining operations.
- Primavera/MS Project
- Multi-disciplined engineering and construction experience.
- Familiar with HSE management systems.
- Managerial leadership and technical skills relevant to the provision of maintenance services.
- Underground infrastructure operation and maintenance practices.
- Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Audit, compliance and governance.
- Able to mentor and coach personnel.
- Ability to present to management and key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, motivational and organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts to develop action priorities
- Lead by example, displaying technical and managerial leadership.
- Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships.
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
- Mentor and develop personnel.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, with a range of stakeholders.
- Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Goal-orientated self-starter.
- Maximize performance, solving problems and analyzing issues to ensure best for project outcomes.