AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as:
Job Title: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Economic Development Officer is to assist the Economic Development Superintendent to develop and execute sustainable economic development programmes in line with existing Socio-economic Development Plans of the Obuasi Mine, underpinned by the Sustainable Development Goals; the Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria and National and Local Development Plans to contribute to diversifying the economy of Obuasi and consequently sustainably securing the social license of the mine.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Enforce environmental work procedures issued by the Departmental Manager
- Investigate environmental incidents in assigned work areas
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Ensure compliance with AGA Community Investment Procedure
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate needs-driven and impactful Enterprise Development programmes in partnership with relevant institutions and partners
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate needs-driven and impactful Agriculture Development programmes in partnership with relevant institutions and partners
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate Business and Trade Promotion interventions in partnership with relevant institutions and stakeholders
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate needs-driven and impactful Livelihood Restoration Programmes in partnership with relevant institutions and stakeholders
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Relevant tertiary-level qualification in the field of enterprise development
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar line of work
- Practical experience in the implementation of economic/enterprise development programmes/projects in a mining setting
- Experience in participatory methodologies and their application
- Knowledge of SDGs and ESG and their application in programme development
- Knowledge of internationally applicable standards relevant to sustainable development (IFC standards on Social Sustainability, VPSHR, GEITI etc.)
- Good knowledge of shared value-driven community investment
- Strong negotiations skills
- Knowledge of the development planning process of the MMDAs
- A good knowledge of national enterprise development programmes and policies
- Practical experience in agribusiness
- Practical experience in the SME sector
- Ability to work in a team