AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Security Superintendent – Process Plant.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Superintendent – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To assist the Security Manager in managing a team to ensure the maintenance of law and order and safeguarding (prevention/detection/protection) of the Company’s assets (life and property) within the Process Plant.
- Effectively model value-based behaviours and apply all managerial leadership practices in relation to Subordinates;
- Build and maintain a team of Subordinates capable of doing the necessary work;
- Appraise performance of security operations within Process Plant by regular inspections and audits in order to improve on level of security;
- Communicate all changes to policies, procedures and codes team within area of accountability;
- Connect & coordinate with various interest group within Process Plant;
- Consult/Advise with line management regarding security practices;
- Coordinate and monitor bullion dispatches;
- Assist in the development of an operational plan with a 3 month to 1-year duration for the Security Function;
- Evaluate current access/surveillance systems for effectiveness within Processing Plant;
- Initiate appropriate security actions and practices;
- Render technical advice to key stakeholders e.g. plant personnel, and line management on matters such as trends, systems, policies, procedures and codes;
- Represent the business unit on various forums if applicable;
- Propose/Recommend changes to existing policies, procedures and codes to ensure effectiveness;
- Manage the implementation of approved changes to security systems within Processing Plant;
- Analyze appropriate security actions and practices by checking weekly reports on all incidents and crime reported;
- Implement operational plans in accordance of Threat & Risk analysis in area of accountability.
- Identify and initiate investigations in areas of concern;
- Analyze new trends in crime or up rises in statistics within Processing Plant and take appropriate action;
- Investigate all reported crime;
- Ensure screening practices for all employees employed in positions of trust where applicable;
- Ensure appropriate admin systems for personnel data, crime registers, bullion despatch registers, reports, etc. are in place within area of accountability;
- Coordinate the administration of various security functions within area of accountability
- Develop and propose annual budget and monitor expenditure monthly;
- Assist in forecasting next budget cycle requirements;
- Continuously identify and maintain cost savings initiatives;
- Identify and access all hazards and risks;
- Initiate regular risk assessments within area of accountability and update AURISK accordingly.
- Model behaviour that is consistent with AGAG Health and Safety Vision and Values;
- Contribute to the identification of risks, resolve and escalate issues that impact on area of accountability;
- Maintain processes that facilitate a safe work environment e.g. lead safety toolbox talks, inspect planned task observations, review job safety analysis documentation and conduct work inspections to all employees and external service providers undertaking work within area of accountability to reduce the number of significant hazards towards zero lost time injuries;
- Promote Health and Safety at the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Security, ASIS CPP or equivalent
- Relevant professional investigations training / qualification (CSMP, PSI, etc.)
- A working knowledge in the Laws and Justice System of Ghana
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of security/asset protection related experience with direct exposure in the fields of Operations, Process Plant and Security administration at any Security Leader level.
- Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage
- Qualified Firearm Instructor;
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Foster teamwork and encourage innovation and originality;
- Take initiatives;
- Demonstrate high level of trust and honesty;
- Apply ethical considerations in daily activities
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.