ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Job Title: Sampler
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The incumbent among other duties will support the team to weigh and reweigh samples to determine moisture content of samples
- Apply Safe Working Practices and Standard Operating Procedures to achieve quality representative samples to avoid metallurgical accounting challenges and plant grade reconciliation issues.
- Report immediately all issues that pose challenges to quality sampling to the Shift Metallurgist
- Maintain good housekeeping at all sampling points and clean automatic samplers regularly as scheduled.
- Prepare and submit Samples to SGS laboratory after every shift
- Ensure compliance of environmental procedures in accordance with AngloGold code of conducts.
- Ensure to submit detailed report after every shift
- Minimum qualification of GCE ‘O’ Level / SSCE/WASSCE, NVTI or Metallurgy Certificate
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in sampling at a processing plant
- Good knowledge in sampling protocols
- Extensive knowledge in sampling and laboratory practice
- Good knowledge in calibration and servicing of AAS machine
- Ability to work for long hours with quality of work as a priority.
- Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive Light Vehicle