AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Automation & Installation Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Automation and Instrumentation Installation Supervisor reports to the A & I Engineer, and is accountable for executing tasked plant instrumentation, controls, communications installation and basic installation tests prior to handover for commissioning in a safe and compliant manner with respect to works on the Obuasi Mine Phase 3 Project.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also having a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
- Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
- Report to the A & I Engineer for the purposes of assisting in safety, works in progress and completions.
- Be aware of schedule requirements and able to report early any constraints that may arise during the project.
- Supervise the installation of instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to a high standard with respect to standard hookup drawings, functionality and durability (mechanical and corrosion sturdiness) as per AGAG’s standards and specifications.
- Supervise the installation of instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to also comply to the requirements of AGAG’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Supervise the installation of Fire systems for substations, transformers, electrical switchgear, hydraulic equipment, and conveyors,
- Supervise the installation of mining process CCTV’s and associated equipment
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Electrical, Controls and Networking in mining and construction
- Supervisory experience in other industries in the discipline of instrumentation controls and networking installation shall be considered also.
- Supervising the installations of Fire systems and CCTV systems
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Must possess relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Be able to supervise various disciplines in the safe and compliant installation of instrumentation, associated fabrication of brackets and cable trays, installation, and terminations of associated cable systems.
- Have a strong understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Drawings.
- Have a strong understanding of Electrical drawings including Loop drawings, Termination drawings, Schematics, Single line drawings.
- Be familiar with vendor documentation associated with mining equipment and mining Infrastructure.
- Understand the overall control and network distribution for materials handling for underground, surface, and mining infrastructure.
- Be familiar with using Microsoft Office tools for the purpose of reporting and understanding data.
- Help build and sustain a team capable of producing good quality work in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve processes used by the team.
- Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values.
- Proven ability to initiate, drive, motivate and support the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Be part of an environment of teamwork and willingness to help others.
- Able to work with others from all different disciplines.
- Organizational skills keep tracking of personnel, schedules and progress