Posted on :
8 Oct, 2018
8 Oct, 2018
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Senior Processing Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• The Processing Manager will be responsible for managing the processing plant and supporting infrastructure for the Obuasi Gold Mine including supporting the Project team during the refurbishment and construction phases of the Project through to commissioning and operations. The Processing Manager is accountable for Phase 1 and 2 Operational Readiness of the processing plant, wet commissioning of each Phase and is accountable for the development and delivery of the Processing plant budget during the Project Phases.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary qualifications in metallurgy or chemical engineering.
• At least 15 years successful performance in Mineral Processing management. Experience in BIOX operations is preferred.
• Materials handling, metallurgical and process control expertise relevant to a crushing, milling and gold leaching circuit.
• Broad understanding of mining industry disciplines including exploration, geology, mining, processing, maintenance and financial analysis.
• Development of a safety management plan for the Processing plant and supporting services, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System, Standards and Policies.
• Review and update the Project Safety Management Plan for the transition phase from Project to Operations.
• Statutory compliance under applicable law
• Develop an environmental management plan, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
• Establish the Processing team, capable of supporting the role holder in executing the Processing budget
• Using AGA’s System for People, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
• Recruit and appoint people to role in accordance with AGA policy and localisation objectives.
For those AGAG employees who will be part of the continuing operation prepare and execute training and development plans.
• Contribute to the interface management of the Project particularly with the refurbishment and construction team.
• Implement the Obuasi Industrial Relations strategy for the Processing operations.
• Prepare the Budget for Phase 1 and 2 operational activities including production physicals, operating and capital costs.
• Develop Processing plant metallurgical accounting and reporting.
• Provide process plant inputs for development of 18 month rolling forecast, to be updated quarterly for plant performance, capital and operating cost.
• Risk Assessment of Budget and contingency plans
Construction support, validation and Verification
• Ensure that process activities on the project are undertaken in accordance with metallurgical project deliverables. Best practice will be adopted
• Liaise with other project areas for communication of process related inputs. This includes inputs to and from mining, engineering, environmental, infrastructure and utilities and financial modelling
• Review metallurgical and processing plant design and engineering reports this includes
• process design criteria
• mass and water balances
• Processing flowsheets
• Vendor equipment selection and sizing
• Plant control and operating philosophies
• Plant operating costs for incorporation into overall financial model
• Processing Plant Recovery model
• First fill reagent and consumables supply
• HAZOP studies – review outcomes and approve change management
• Attendance and participation in Owner’s Team meetings and relevant discussions
• Contribution to monthly and weekly reports for Owner
• Liaison with commissioning manager for commissioning planning, scheduling and operational readiness
• Manage wet commissioning with the support of the Project team.
• Essential to Obuasi’s success is the deliberate design, active development and coaching of a new organisation to develop a new motivated and trained organisation capable of delivering the objectives of the feasibility study in terms of production, cost, quality and efficiency.
• Accountability for Operational Readiness for the Process plant.
• Preparation and delivery of an Operational Readiness plan for the Processing plant and supporting services.
• Operational Readiness is the work required to prepare the project for operations, and includes:
• Design and establishment of the Management Operating Systems (MOS) – the way the organisation plans, forecasts, executes, monitors, and reviews and reports.
• Develop systems for the processing department work, integrating processes managed at the superintendent level to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement
• Business process definition – design and establishment of the key business processes.
• Organisation Design – this will be based on AGA’s “The Way We Work”, requisite principles, the management operating system and the business process designs.
• Recruitment, selection and training.
• Leadership Development and Managerial Leadership Practices
• Accountability Frameworks – defines the KPIs, accountabilities and routines for each role.
• Active Supervision training and coaching, including the design and implementation of supervisory routines.
• Develop Wet commissioning plan for Phase 1 and 2 this includes:
• Metallurgical accounting and reporting
• Develop operating procedures and training manuals
• First fill reagents and consumables
• BIOX inoculum bacteria growth process planning and implementation
• Execute the Operational Readiness activities, Phase 1 and 2 operations for the Processing Plant within the approved budget
• Execute the Operational Readiness activities, Phase 1 and 2 operations of the project within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
• The Project Director will provide financial and decision-making authorities commensurate with the needs of the role, and AGA’s Delegation of Authority policy.
How to Apply
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV. To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form
Closing Date: 30th Of October 2018