Posted on :
8 Oct, 2018
8 Oct, 2018
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Field Support Engineer
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Field Support Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Obuasi business unit requires a suitably qualified and experienced Field Engineer responsible for help desk and onsite service and support needs for all AGA users.
• This relates to all technology, including desktop applications, workstations, servers, printers, networks and telephones.
• Provide first-level support by responding to the users request or reported incidents.
• Responsible for providing onsite support, which includes identifying the faults related to hardware, software, configuration, networking, telecom, etc.
• Perform installation functions that include security installation e.g. Antivirus and patches.
• Records all the related departmental and field activities that have been carried out in the service desk system.
• Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams.
• Assist in the reviews of the technical issues.
• Participate in various projects, and ensure that all the departmental goals have been met or exceeded by maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Maintain jovial relationships with users.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent field.
• Two (2) years’ experience OR Three (3) to Six (6) years of related experience/Training and or a combination of education and experience.
• Ability to install and configure wireless devices and telephony systems is a plus.
• Knowledge in the use of SAP ERP system is a plus.
• Ability to drive a vehicle with a valid driver license is a plus.
• Willingness to work afterhours, weekends and holidays.
• Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
• Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management and contractors.
How to Apply
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV. To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.