AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Central Control Room Supervisor – Surface Mine Infrastructure (LV).
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Central Control Room Supervisor – Surface Mine Infrastructure is accountable for the monitoring and control of output of the Surface Mine Central Control Room refurbishment team to standard, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and
procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the CIC Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure for reporting performance.
- Conduct periodic audits of all Central Control Room infrastructure during refurbishment, later maintenance
- Conduct reviews of the refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Central Control Room to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the CIC Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, various detailed quality audits during Central Control Room creation as designated in the Infrastructure Plan;
- Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc) to determine control infrastructure condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of Central Control Room assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Central Control Room equipment as per requirements.
Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics/Communications Supervision, or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- Must possess Supervisory Managers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Closing Date: 17th January 2020