AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Mechanical Technician – Process Plant.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as a Mechanical Technician – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Technician – Process Plant reports to the Mechanical Supervisor is accountable for executing tasked plant mechanical maintenance work items. This position will execute work tasks falling in day and night shift, in a safe and compliant manner as instructed refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Processing Plant.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute mechanical refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- If expedient, provide detailed movement signals to crane operator for machine/equipment locating
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognize any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Operate all equipment within the safe working environment.
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected mechanical trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
- Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in a mechanical trade
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in electrical trade
- Knowledge in crane safe operation
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 17TH JANUARY, 2020.