AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Shaft Maintenance Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Shaft Maintenance Technician is accountable for executing statutory Inspections of Shafts, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all other shaft related jobs in accordance with and ensuring compliance with LI2182, safety, operational standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Senior Winder Driver for reporting performance
- Execute statutory Inspections of Shafts, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all Other shaft related Jobs in accordance with and ensuring compliance with LI2182
- Identify actions for continuous improvement and that compliant operability to requirements is ensured
- Organize and report information for the Shaft Supervisor to allow development of condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Execute designated and tasked daily work checks on a routine scheduled basis.
- Report any anomalies to Shaft Supervisor for the generation of work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Carry out daily pre-start and/or shift handover checks and complete check sheets as required according to the established schedules and also per plant requirements. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Complete shift short interval control sheets as required
- Monitor operating parameters in accordance with standards provided and take corrective action as indicated or required
- Identify, communicate, and escalate potential cost reduction initiatives to the Supervisor
- Execute work in a timely manner; escalate real or potential delays to the Supervisor
- Log monitored equipment performance for entry in asset health system and take proactive measures to register and escalate symptoms of potential failure to Shaft Maintenance Supervisor
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to Shaft Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary Education
- Completed mechanical apprenticeship from a recognized scheme – example City and Guilds, National Vocation Level 1
- Certificate of competency issued by the Chief Inspector of Mines in accordance with LI2182
- An experienced mechanical tradesperson with over 3 years’ experience in underground mining
- Fully literate and numerate
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in underground mining environment
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Excellent knowledge of requirements of LI2182