AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Security Officer – CCTV (Systems Reviewer).
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Officer – CCTV (Systems Reviewer).
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Security Officer – CCTV (Systems Reviewer) is accountable to operate (review) and utilize the computerized management system to protect the product at source and the prevention and detection of theft. Supporting the role of the CCTV System Administrator by coordinating security functions within the Obuasi area.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all password information change.
- Ensure all equipment in the CCTV is fully operational and report any faults to the CCTV Systems Administrator.
- Provide a secure environment for the conduct of the mine’s activities and security of its assets by enforcing Security policies and procedures and by constant monitoring thereof to ensure compliance
- Maintain the highest standards of discipline, working behaviours, integrity and confidentiality expected from the AGA security function within your area of accountability.
- Conduct target focused and aggressive surveillance and building profiles on suspicious persons and activities
- Conduct risk assessments and audits in critical areas and other areas of responsibility to ensure existing security measures are efficient and effective.
- Identify security risks within your area of accountability and report to the supervisor such risks in order for him to develop strategies to counter/mitigate the risks.
- Correct usage of security equipment and reports any deficiencies.
- Maintain the highest standards of discipline, working behaviour, integrity and confidentiality expected from the AGAG security function within your workplace.
- Report and co-ordinate reaction to all alarms (CCTV, Vehicle Tracking (Geo Fence Exits, Over speeding, harsh braking and unapproved route usage) Access Control and Intruder).
- Report all suspicious incidents and activities to CCTV Systems Administrator for further investigation.
- Monitor the ongoing activities of the CCTV and Drone Operators.
- Attend disciplinary hearings as per role requirement (complainant, witness)
- Submit the monthly report on CCTV system reviews, alarms, vehicle tracking (Geo Fence Exits, Over speeding and hash braking) and video Motion Detections (VMD) to the CCTV Systems Administrator
- Perform required administration tasks e.g. completion of GSIMS reports and registers etc.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions
- Attend training courses when nominated
- Attend scheduled Security meetings when required
- Promote AGAG organizational values e.g. responsible behaviour, respect, honesty and integrity
- Liaise on a daily basis with Systems Administrator on issues of importance.
- Ensure that communication with all colleagues and with stakeholders is professional at all times.
- Attend scheduled Security meetings.
- Identify and report all Safety and Health hazards with technology.
- Promote Safety and Health in the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance.
- Adhere strictly to Health and Safety regulations within the workplace
- Assist in the identification and report all safety and health hazards.
- Identify, understand and address safety hazards and risks
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years working experience in a similar role or as a CCTV control room operator. Security, Police or Military experience
- Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage
- Ability to read body language, operating in a CCTV control rooms, intruder alarm system, understanding of satellite tracking systems and knowledge of relevant electronic specialization.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint with excellent presentation skills.
- Experience and training in Cathexis Systems software;
- Must have knowledge of the laws of Ghana and legal codes, relevant policies and procedures
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with a detailed CV.