Posted on :
14 Sep, 2016
14 Sep, 2016
AngloGold Ashanti Limited is a global gold mining company. It was formed in 2004 by the merger of AngloGold and the Ashanti Goldfields Corporation.AngloGold Ashanti Limited is now a global gold producer with 21 operations on four continents. The company is listed on the New York, Johannesburg, Accra, London and Australian stock exchanges, as well as the Paris and Brussels bourses.
In 2008, AngloGold produced 4.98 million ounces of gold from its operations, estimated to be seven percent of the global production. In 2009, the company’s gold output dropped to 4.6 million ounces. As of the third quarter of 2014, Anglogold was the world’s third-largest producer of gold, behind Barrick Gold and Newmont Mining.
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited, (Subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana, and has a workforce of over 1,400, including contractors. AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Ltd, is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Senior Procurement Officer-Expediting
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer-Expediting
• The purpose of this role is to conduct periodic review of items appearing on the “Outstanding Purchasing Order Reports” and initiate moves to bring stocks to appreciable levels. where necessary.
• Observes the laid down procedures for progressing all purchasing requisitions and orders for timely delivery.
• Ensures materials are readily available when required by users by liaising with suppliers, freight forwarders and Anglo Port Unit to ensure quick delivery of goods where appropriate.
• Periodically generates reports on stock items and outstanding purchase requisitions/orders and ensures a proper follow-up to facilitate early order placement and speedy delivery of goods.
• Monitors the progress of each order to minimise delays in delivery.
• Requisitions/Orders and prompts immediate superior about excessive delays and advises on alternative causes of action.
• Notifies users about any problems and possible delays in delivery of orders.
• Ensures that only items/orders which have not been shipped and received on site are expedited.
• Ensures that suppliers re-confirm receipt of purchase orders transmitted to them by the Procurement staff.
• Maintains close relations with the Port Unit staff to ensure that goods are cleared out of Customs and delivered to site in a timely manner.
• Updates computer file with the delivery shipping status of orders as and when changes occur.
• Trains and develops subordinates to update their skills and improve their performance.
• Performs all other duties that may be assigned by immediate superior.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration or its equivalent plus minimum of eight (8) years’ working experience in the Mining Industry. OR;
• Degree in Supply Chain Management with a minimum of eight (8) years’ working experience.
• Proficient in the use of ERP SAP Materials Management package
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft office package particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Exhibit proven negotiation and influencing skills as well as the ability to identify, recommend and implement cost effective efficiencies for overall improvement of the operation.
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Fiday, 23rd September. 2016:
The Senior Manager-Human Resources
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 September, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview.