AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Operations Lead.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the role is to organize, re-arrange or reschedule work cycles for delivery of required outputs and improvement initiatives which need to be delivered by the processing production team. The incumbent ensures delivery into budgeted outputs by providing and monitoring the use and scheduling of resources (labour, budgets, machinery and equipment).
Identifying, diagnosing, recommending and where approved, implementing actions to address operational problems in the work cycle of the processing plant.
The incumbent must actively pursue and maintain a values-oriented approach within sphere of influence inside the plant.
- Actively promote AGA Health, Safety and Environmental actions and improvements which include housekeeping
- Conformance of EIA and permitting requirements
- International Cyanide Management Institute compliance
- Compliance with Legal Instruments (LI’s) and Codes as laid down by the Republic of Ghana
- Lead and manage processing production teams with a unified sense of purpose and team independence and self-directed working practices
- Plan, assign and coordinate resources for achieving production targets and efficiencies
- Establish and schedule problem identification routines within work cycles (process troubleshooting and equipment reliability)
- Control and where possible, eliminate process and procedure variance through
- Data analysis
- Root cause identification
- Work process analysis
- Budget and throughput/efficiency plans within plan
- Remedial action plans for returning out of alignment performance of the operations teams and associated equipment to budgeted targets.
- Develop strategic career paths and succession planning for your subordinates
- Develop performance management set points and targets for your subordinates
- Maintaining discipline and performance management
- Constant assessment and challenging of the status quo to identify and align operations to budgeted targets
- Prediction of the impending process upsets with possible remedies/preventions
- Frequent analysis of recent historical parameters to align and improve plant performance
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A tertiary Metallurgical qualification or equivalent is required. Failing this, extensive experience at the required level may be acceptable
- 10 years’ experience in a processing plant.
- Preferably 5 – 8 years at a junior management/shift supervision level
- Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
- Proven experience in collaborating with the engineering department.
- Management of plant performance and efficiency
- Production scheduling
- Stock management and control
- In depth understanding of Metallurgical Accounting
- Demonstrable knowledge of metallurgical processes such as, but not limited to, size reduction, flotation, leaching, desorption and tailings disposal
- Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
- Should not require direct supervision because this incumbent provides leadership especially after normal office hours
- Strong and proven decision-making skills.
- Willingness to delegate
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with AGA values.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivating skills
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.