AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently in a redevelopment phase which will lead to a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Central Control Room Lead – Surface Electrical & Instrumentation
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Central Control Room Lead – Surface Electrical & Instrumentation.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Central Control Room Lead – Surface Electrical and Instrumentation is accountable for the monitoring and control of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system, CCTV and Fire Detection systems through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable safe and cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the E&I Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure and Mining leads for reporting performance
- Ensure Safe Process operation and optimization (start-up/shut-down, adjusting set-points of control loops and monitoring the process to deliver target production and quality results)
- Communicate with other surface fixed plant and underground workers and provide them with direction and guidance
- Communicate with maintenance personnel on the fixed plants and underground infrastructure to coordinate the safe start-up and shut-down of equipment for maintenance work
- Communicate with and provide feedback to the operational team on process performance
- Assist the Surface E&I Superintendent to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, temperature, etc) to determine control infrastructure condition and report this condition for action
- Monitor general physical condition of Central Control Room assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance planning and scheduling
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Monitor and ensure processes keep run smoothly and according to established procedures. Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor equipment performance using data and historical trends to take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential process disturbances and equipment failure
- Report directly to the E&I Superintendent and Mine Operations on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of BSc in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- An experienced electrical, controls and instrumentation maintenance or Process control Supervisor with 3+ years’ experience in, preferably, Mine Infrastructure maintenance
- Knowledge and Experience in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and PLC (at least 3 years)
- Knowledge & Experience in Process Control Systems or Mine Operations
- Good Knowledge in computer networking and data management systems
- Must possess Inspecting Engineer Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body
- Strong knowledge of control room operations
- Strong SCADA system and PLC competencies
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Good knowledge in Studio 5000 programming software, electrical control systems, Transmission system and Synchronization systems
- Good in data historian analysis and trend for trouble and system/machinery fault detection
- Knowledge in E300 motor control relays configuration system
- Experience in UPS working, running and maintenance procedures
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of production unit operation, engineering, or maintenance practices
- Ability to operate various switches, control devices and valves, and knowledge of the effect each has on total plant operations
- Server management systems, Computer Network Systems, PLC Programming, Server 2012 or above
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people