ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in a vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Plant Metallurgist – Fixed Term Contract
Grade: Stratum I
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The Plant Metallurgist role is responsible for monitoring metallurgical parameters and providing technical advice to the operational team.
Conduct weekly conveyor belt cut and weight meter calibration as well as silting test
- Conduct daily tanks profiles (three times) on every shift as well as daily scats rates for all mills, measure ball charge and record results.
- Monitor lime, steel balls and lead nitrate addition to achieve optimum levels.
- Monitor and ensure the smooth performance of oxygen plant, cyanide sparging facility, TAC 1000 cyanide analyzer and WAD cyanide analyzer.
- Control soluble losses exiting the CIL circuit to achieve less than 0.006ppm
- Control leach parameters to achieve solid residue exiting the CIL circuit of less than 0.070g/t
- Supervise daily plant sampling activities in CIL plant and ensure smooth submission to assay laboratory.
- Provide technical advice to both Production and Metallurgical team
- Conduct Gold –In- Circuit (GIC) on the last day of every production month.
- Conduct daily quick sizing on cyclone overflows to determine the instantaneous grind.
- Calibrate handy and online pH and dissolve oxygen meters daily.
- Ensure effective carbon management in CIL tanks to control soluble losses.
- Conduct daily metallurgical accounting inputs and produce daily reports.
- Assist Research & Development team in research and test work projects/reports.
- BSc in Minerals / Materials / Metallurgical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience as a Metallurgist in the processing plant
- Certified by Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Processing Supervisor/Engineer
- Competent to handle multiple tasks to achieve the required result
- Effective supervision, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge in computer application especially the use of Microsoft Excel and power point.
- Medically fit for the position and the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and proficiency to drive light vehicle