AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Fabricator – Surface Mine Infrastructure.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Fabricator – Surface Mine Infrastructure is accountable for welding and fabrication activities that contribute boiler making activities to refurbishment, maintenance, and repair of mine infrastructure and processing plant in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Surface Mine Infrastructure.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with the applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute boiler making fabrication trade contribution to refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- If expedient, provide detailed movement signals to crane operators for machine/equipment locating
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving the workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task
- Recognize any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
Carry out work cost-effectively
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Operate all equipment within the safe working environment
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected fabrication, welding or boiler making trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in the mechanical trade
- Knowledge in crane safe operation
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with a detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 17TH JANUARY, 2020.