AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Electrical Draftsman.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Draftsman will be responsible for producing Electrical drawings. Drawing revisions and issue for construction drawings. Mark up red line drawings. Ensure work is executed on latest revisions and control of drawing register.
- Comply with AGAG Environmental Management, compliance and other legal requirements.
- Must ensure that their actions prevent environmental pollution
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job.
- Must correct, or report to their Supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
- Follow the established procedures if incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor.
- Report back to Design office supervisor on work issues and status.
- Design and prepare complete and accurate scaled CAD general arrangement drawings
- Draw drawings on AngloGold Ashanti template
- Manage drawings and drawing numbers according to document control
- Follow up on drawings approvals with all stakeholders
- Coordinate all drawing work with the Electrical Engineer, Project Engineer, Site Engineers and Lead Surveyor
- Revise computer-aided designs and plans to comply with modified specifications during actual construction
- Maintain accurate digital drawing file storage
- Maintain regularly updated as-built drawings and records for handing over on completion of the project
- Coordinate the submission of CAD drawings from various subcontractors and check for compliance with Project CAD Standards.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Electrical drafting work
- Experience in the use of Auto Cad 2D and 3D