AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Mining Manager.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To develop, enhance and sustain the operating systems, processes and work routines introduced across the mining function and undertake the delivery of specific project related initiatives to drive Continuous Improvement outcomes across mining.
- Install, manage and identify opportunities for optimizing the mining systems, processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine
- Establish and manage the Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements for the mining operations
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within team
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Mining department, including the mining Contractor regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Complete the development program elements identified and managed by the Senior Mining Manager
- Develop, communicate and deliver a rolling 18-month plan, by quarter, that delivers required Mining services and outputs
- Develop and deliver the annual Mining cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
- Complete the approved Senior Mining Manager Transition plan
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent, or equivalent operational experience
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency or equivalent
- 6 to 10 years’ operational experience within an underground mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at a senior management level;
- Preferably applicable business qualification (e.g. MBA);
- Familiar with Mining Software;
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Safety (Advanced Application)
- Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- Mining Production Processes & Practices (Advanced Application)
- Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimizing performance.
- Knows when to engage Specialists support.
- Understanding of good underground production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver to production and cost targets.
- Planning (Advanced Application)
- Understanding of good mine planning processes and the ability to drive the establishment of required planning systems and approaches.
- Contract Management (Advanced Application)
- Strong knowledge in contract management practices and demonstrated ability in managing operational mining contracts.
- Project Management (Basic Application)
- Understands AGA project management standards and has applied them in a minor project to a conceptual level.
- Ability to lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Innovation (Advanced Application)
- Thinks creatively to develop multiple, workable options
- Generates innovative solutions, which continuously improve the performance of existing assets, products, services or processes
- Demonstrating openness to new ideas and new ways of working
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with AngloGold values.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivating skills
- Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and teamwork, developing others,
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships
- Drive accountability in the department
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with a detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 19TH JULY, 2019.