AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: SENIOR PRODUCTION ENGINEER
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To provide direct mining technical support services to the AGAG operating assets and development projects in order to achieve business objectives/targets and to develop drill and blast guidelines and procedures to optimize ore extraction.
- Establish the necessary Production Engineering processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal Production Engineering planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Production Engineering cost center budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium-term and LoM business plans
- Deliver the work of the Production Engineering function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs, and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Production Engineering department regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Recommend and optimize the approach for conducting specialist projects and research in the Production Engineering process and procedures
- Establish a network of targeted stakeholder relationships to socializes initiatives and enhancements
- Report on the development and progress of initiatives and enhancements of the Production Engineering function, to include outputs and befits obtained.
- Describe the specific problems and constraints to be managed within the Production Engineering function
- Present solutions to specific problems with defined resolution methodologies and resources to deliver improved performance in processes and procedures
- Monitor and report on the outcomes and standards of work from direct reports or field personnel and contractors
- Quarterly Reports which identify areas where Production Engineering may contribute an increase in enhanced methods which will bring improved efficiencies
- Optimize procedures within existing functional processes through the application of problem identification and resolution methodologies
- Establish and maintain consistent team performance and relationships within the function and cross-functionally within the department
- Conduct trend analyses on functional performance to identify and recommend ways of optimizing resources for work cycle execution and pre-empting potential process and procedure variance through the establishment of:
- Statistical controls (alert system),
- Improved work practices, procedures, and processes
- Improved team knowledge and skills
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ proven experience in mine planning in either an underground or open-pit mining environment of which at least three (3) years is a senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department;
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations/screening;
- Proficient with Mine Planning Software;
- Knowledge of a variety of mining methods applicable to the site.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Mining Production Processes & Practices (Advanced Application)
- Extensive experience and understanding of mining production processes/practices.
- Understanding of good production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Ability to develop innovative technical ideas/practices with regards to different mining methods and their application.
- Extensive knowledge of Mining Methods and strengths and weaknesses of the methods and the applicable use.
Planning (Advanced Application)
- Demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design including optimization.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design and scheduling to achieve Business outcomes.
- Ability to generate and act as a competent person for annual mine reserves statements.
Contract Management (Basic Application)
- Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
- Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
- Can propose, draft, and analyze potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager.
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results,
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CVs.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.