ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Fuel Champion
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
oversee all issues relating to the use of fuel (diesel) in the Mining Department. Will work on fuel reports generated automatically and by planners analyze, recommend, and implement procedures that will help reduce excesses in fuel usage.
- Ensure the liquid automation system (LAS) fuel management system is in good condition and always operates well
- Ensure the system is calibrated and compare the report from LAS to that of the planners and correct all abnormalities
- Liaise with planners and maintenance team to do cylinder cut out and injector solenoid test to identify faulty ones and ensure they are changed to maximize efficient fuel usage.
- Carryout monthly reconciliation of fuel supplied by vendor and fuel used by AAIL mining department
- Generate weekly and monthly report on fuel efficiencies (fuel burn rate) on all mobile and fixed assert to key stake holder on the mine.
- Help in implementing policies that will assist reducing fuel usage on the mine.
- Be trained where appropriate and train operators (fuel bowser users), pump attendants and other end users how to use the LAS system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years’ experience with hydrocarbon.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SAP software.
- Good with data analysis and report writing
- Knowledge of LAS fuel management system will be an advantage
- Must possess either Inspection Engineer certificate of competency &/or Drill and Blast certificate)
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English language.
- Must possess very strong good human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- Possess valid driver’s licence and proficiency in driving light vehicle