Posted on :
14 Sep, 2022
14 Sep, 2022
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Conveyor & Skip Operator.
Job Title: Conveyor & Skip Operator
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• To safely operate the skip and conveyor systems for effective and efficient material transportation to required designated bins and hoppers.
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Comply with AGAG Environmental Management, compliance and other legal requirements.
• Take action to prevent environmental pollution
• Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job
• Ensure efficient operation of the Skip and Conveyor systems
• Manage chutes and loading flasks for efficient loading of the skip to achieve set targets
• Maintain good working knowledge of the operations of both skipping and conveyor activities
• Generate and produce report of all shifts occurrence including ore or waste skipped, breakdown, change overs etc.
• Ensure material usage are as per plan and prevent wastage
• Identify the necessary hazard that can damage infrastructural installations/systems and correct anomalies during operations
• Share knowledge and skills within team and work towards shift target achievement
• Report to the supervisor of any suspected collusion.
• Ensure that the workplace is well house kept
• Comply with all best practices and corporate standards
• Strictly work with developed standard operating procedures / job safety analysis (SOPs/JSA) to execute all assigned projects
Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE / SSCE / Post JHS Education
• 3 years’ experience in underground operations is an advantage
• Knowledge in underground skipping and conveyor work systems is an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Below To Apply Online
Closing Date: 21 September, 2022